Friday, February 12, 2010

FUTURE SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE

I was on my way back to Howrah from Dhanbad. 5.35 pm was my train. The Shatabdi Express, a high profile esteemed nation’s pride, that does not wait for its passengers for more than 5 minutes whether you get inside completely or drop your sandal on railway track.

What happened? It sounds strange?

This was what exactly happened to me that day.

They were two Marwari ladies, a pair of BAA and TULSI you can say. I guessed they were MAROs by their ManiBen.com (do not click if the link appearsJ) style of talking, their bulk of luggage and jewelries. Firstly, BAA entered with two trolley bags, unfortunately followed by me, more unfortunately followed by TULSi with another two baggage and suddenly the most unfortunately thing happened to me and my one sandal fell down on the track.

(Was he suicidal? How selfish he was. He even did not care for his partner or may be he wanted to get rid of his girl friend and got a good timing for thatJ)

I shouted (really, I shouted) and asked the attendants of Shatabdi (rather you can say my attendants for 4 hoursJ), but no body could help me out. After all who would like to get down to the track through the side of the standing train? In fact no one could. It was narrow.

Tulsi, suggested me to call any of my relative in Dhanbad to take out my single sandal from the track and later give that to me. Sorry Tulsi! We are not marwaries.

Then the “the man in black”- the T.T.E suggested me to take the help of “KANGLAs”. They call them so or in the words of Danny Boyle -Future Millionaire from Slum.

(See the irony, “kangla” is an antonym of ‘millionaire”)

We called ONE and THEY came running. We told our problem to them and the thinnest of all brought back my single abandoned sandal.

(Wow! It was a happy ending; he is back for his girl friend or bach kar kaha jayega bacchuu?)

Hats off to the kid! I gave him 10 bucks. He was happy. I wished to see his happy and complacent face like Jamal had in “SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE”.

Yes of course I must wish, because, neither the Marwari duo nor the shatabdi experts could help me out but another millionaire in making.

And I remembered the poem from Rahim

Rahiman dekh Baden ko Laghu na Dijiye DAAR,

Jahan Kaam Avey Sui, Ka kari Sakat Talwar?”

(Do not ignore small things even if you have option of bigger one, because when you need a needle, you can not replace it with a sword.)

And then the train left for its destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment